Friday, April 21, 2017

Lima Beans In Tomato Sauce Recipe


Lima Beans In Tomato Sauce Recipe


I remember, way back then, my Father was always in charge of making this awesome bean dish. He would take up all his real pride in the kitchen when he was preparing it. I liked when he was pouring in the beer and smiling to me saying "this is the only beer I will let you have, but when you grow up, I will give it to you straight". 

My dad was not a very good cook and that chore was always left for my Mother, but when it came to these beans, he knew that it was the best of the best. It always turned out great and we all enjoyed it as a side or even as a meal. He always made a big pot when his friends came over to watch the hockey game, they all gobbled them up and usually, there was none left for me. 

Well, as I grew up I learned to make my own, but every time I make it, I always recall my Dad standing by his old kitchen making them and smiling. 


Let me know how you liked them and did you add anything extra to it....:) 




***********************************************************************************************************



Recipe;

1 1/2 lbs. ( 1/2 Kilo) - Fresh or frozen Lima Beans,

2 - Med. - Diced onions
2 to 3 Cloves - Garlic
1 to 2 - Tbsp. - Olive oil
2 to 3 Tbsp. - Tomato paste
1 Can - Whole or diced tomatoes.
1/2 Can - Any beer or water
1 to 2 Tbsp. - White or red vinegar
1 Tsp - Honey
1/2 Cup - Water
2 to 3 - Bay leaves

Salt and pepper to taste.

Options
1/4 Cup - Chopped parsley
Ketchup - Makes a richer sauce
Hot sauce - As needed



For more information please see video below; 



***********************************************************************************************************





This recipe is just the perfect food or so-called "Superfood".  Anyway, you serve it, it will always turn out great. Serve it as a side dish, a whole meal, finger food for a child or/and a stand-alone diet recipe. 









Here I was using canned tomatoes, but there is no reason why you can not use fresh. That depends on you. Diced or whole it will always turn out good. Just remember to break up the whole tomatoes for it to cook better. 








As for the Lima beans, you can use fresh or frozen. Now, with the fresh ones please soak them in water overnight and change the water a couple of times before cooking.









After the first initial cooking, you should check the beans for softness. Depending on the beans, it will have an outcome on how long it will take to soften. Add a few more minutes into the cooking time and adjust according. 







Now, go ahead and add really anything to the beans, here I only added chopped parsley. Also be careful during the last minutes of cooking because the sauce will reduce and it could burn starting at the bottom. 










***********************************************************************************************************



Lima Beans In Tomato Sauce Recipe
Video





If You Like This Video Then You Will Love These Below. 
By Cookingaround


Lima /Butter  Beans With Creamy Garlic
Video



Mediterranean Cooked Beans
Video



Classic Baked Beans
Video




Please share with your Friends and family, below;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...