Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Italian Chicken Sandwich Recipe



Italian Chicken Sandwich Recipe

I remember growing up back in Canada. We lived near the Italian area that was full of restaurants all specializing in their Italian dishes. Now, my favorite was a little corner store that sold these Italian Chicken sandwiches.

My parents would give me some money and send me there to get some sandwiches and I would run home with them, for the smell would drive my crazy. I have to say that they disappear real fast, but I could eat only one, for the sandwich was bigger than my head. 

Now, after some tries, I managed to get it just right and the same that came from that little store back home. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. 

Let me know how you had yours and what topping did you use. 




*************************************************************************************************************



Recipe;

1 1/2 lbs/ 1/2 kilo -  Chicken breasts

4 to 5 - Italian crispy  buns

2 Tbsp. - Olive oil
1 Cup - Breadcrumbs


Wash 
I Egg with a splash of milk

Parmesan cheese as needed 


Tomato Sauce
1 Can - Tomatoes diced or whole 
1 Tbsp. - White wine vinegar 
1 Tsp. - Garlic salt
1 Med,- Onion diced 
1 Tsp. - Honey 
1 Tbsp. - Olive oil
1 Tsp. - Basil
1 Tsp. - Oregano

Water as needed 
Salt and pepper to taste.


Extras
- Hot peppers
- Lettuce 
- Other cheese 


For more information, please see the video below. 





*************************************************************************************************************






This recipe is very easy and only uses a few ingredients but I can assure you that the outcome will be awesome. 

Here I started with some fresh farmers chicken that I know will give me the best outcome. 






Make sure to evenly coat the chicken strips and shake off the excess. Be careful putting them into the oil for it would be very hot and we do not want any splash-back. 









Fry the strips on medium-high heat for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. 

It is best to transfer the pieces to a metal rack in order to drain away the oil. Also, it will dry up the strips and not let them become soggy. 








I added  some garlic  powered,  for  sometimes I like to make my life a bit easier, but whole garlic works just as good. 










When the tomatoes have been broken down and are soft, then just mash it all down with a potato masher. I like doing it this way because it makes the sauce a little thicker, that sticks better to the bun and sausage. 









Now that you added the chicken, tomato sauce and the cheese. Go ahead and make it your way, add all the topping that you like. 













Remember to always  "Make It Your Way". 












*************************************************************************************************************





Italian Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Video



If You Like This Video Then You Will Love These.
 By Cookingaround. 



Italian Sausage  Sandwich Recipe
Video




Pork Sandwich Recipe
Video




Italian Meatball Sandwich  Recipe
Video



Please share with your Friends and Family below; 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...