Monday, May 19, 2014

Veggie Diet Hamburger - Weight Loss - Magic Diet



Veggie Diet Hamburger - Weight Loss - Magic Diet

  I just love my hamburgers and I have to say that I have been avoiding them as much as possible because while being on a diet I just have no choice but to control what I eat.  So in this recipe I came up with a recipe that satisfies me with this craving for one.  Of course I will have it with a side order of other veggies and try to keep away from the fries, for that would defeat my purpose of my diet.

Now  at the start of the frying of the veggies, I do use oil but with one tablespoon  for it really does not make a big difference  when you make a batch of the mixture.  Later I added to the blender some olive oil to give it some taste to the veggies but it does not affect the oil when it is grilled because of the cooking time.

As for adding sugar to the  sauce it is so low that I would not worry about it because you are entitled  to have some sugar in your diet on a daily basis, as long as you do not abuse it.


Enough said, enjoy the Veggie hamburger and go ahead and have two if you can handle it, I ‘am sure you will love it. Please let me know how yours turned out. 


*********************************************************************************************************

Recipe;

1 Cup - Black beans
2 Cloves - Garlic
1 Sm. - Onion
1 Med. - Carrot
1/3 -  Sweet red pepper
1 Tbsp. - Cooking oil
1 Tbsp. - Olive oil
1 Tbsp. -  Parsley
1 to 2 Tbsp. - Soya  sauce
1 Egg - (Omit for Vegetarian recipe)
1/3 Cup - Bread crumbs (more as necessary)

Salt and pepper to taste.

Options;
Add  1/2 Cup - Barley (extra).
Kidney beans instead of black beans.
Bread instead of bread crumbs.


Topping sauce;
3 Tbsp. - Yogurt
1 Tsp. - Mustard
1/3 Tsp. - sugar  
1/3 Tsp. - Lemon juice

Salt and pepper to taste.

Options;  
Use sour cream instead of yogurt.
Use buttermilk instead of yogurt.
1/3 Tsp. - Hot sauce



*********************************************************************************************************


I like to use black beans because I find this bean to be more tasteful and it makes more of a  rich texture. If you want you can use some different beans like kidney beans or add some barley to it. 

Either Way it will turn out great and the taste will kill your cravings to the meat ones and keep those pounds off. 





I know a few Vegetarians that will have eggs to their diet and I used it here to provide a more nrich  recipe that should  fill you up more and hold off those hunger craving. 

But for those Vegetarian Friends who do not use eggs, then just  omit the egg and it will be more  to your liking. 






I use a bit extra of the bread crumbs to prevent the mixture from sticking to my board, also if you find that it sticks to your fingers, then rub some cooking oil to your hands and that should make it easier. 

Remember to make your patties about the same size of your buns that you are using. 




Not like grilling our meat patty, our veggie burger should be grilled at a lower temperature and a bit longer. when I see that the colour has changed halfway up the sides, then I flip it over and reduce the heat to cook it through and through.  

This recipe will work great on a outdoor BBQ and of course you can also bake it in the oven on a greased tray for about  25 to 30 minutes on about 350 degree setting. 





Now go ahead and add all your favorite toppings, make it your way. Just watch out for the bacon...:) 









*********************************************************************************************************


Veggie Diet Hamburger - Weight Loss - Magic Diet
Video


Please share with your friends and family below; 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...