Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Spinach Puff Pastry Casserole - Awesome



Spinach  Puff Pastry  Casserole  -  Awesome

I have to say that I really enjoyed making this dish. The spinach mixed with the cheese gives it just an awesome taste to it and Popeye would be proud.

There is really nothing I can say more about this for it is so simple and easy that anyone can make it with the minimum of work,  just try it.


Try it and let me know how yours turned out…   


*******************************************************************************************************

Recipe; 

1 package of pre-ready  puff pastry

1 Bag -  Fresh or frozen spinach
1/2 Cup - Diced onion
1 Cup - Goat cheese
1 Egg - Stirred
1/4 to 1/3 Cup - Fresh parsley
1/4 to 1/3 Cup - Fresh dill
1 Tbsp. - Olive oil
1/3 Tsp. - Nut meg
1/3  Tsp. - Sweet paprika

Salt and pepper to taste

Options;
Any other type of cheese
Hot paprika

*******************************************************************************************************



You can use fresh or frozen spinach, but remember to drain them well for too much water will make the pastry very soggy. 
Now with the fresh spinach you have to first blanch it first for a couple of minutes until the leaves go withered. 








I like goat cheese for it's texture and full flavour, but you can add really any type of cheese you like. As long as it blends in well and has a good melting point, I would go for it.  









I like to use the pre-made puff pastry for it really saves me a lot of work so I 
can concentrate more on other things. 

For this size of casserole I had to cut it up into section to fit better.  So use them and cut them according to your size of dish.    



Now my pastry dough here is the thicker type to I need to add only one layer, but if they are more of the thin type like the Greek ones, then you have to add multi layers, but keep brushing olive oil in between them.  











Depending on how much you want to use, will depend on the size of your casserole dish. Thats why I like this dish because it is very easy to make and it goes with any style and any size you want with ease. 
*******************************************************************************************************

Spinach  Puff Pastry  Casserole  -  Awesome
Video


Please share with your Family and Friends below;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...