Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pizza Procottio With Arugula


Pizza  Procottio With  Arugula

Ahh the pizza, I know that I have not done a recipe for it, I just kept making them and have my friends and Family gobble them up.  So  I figured  that all the cooking channels  were making them  and  no one would  take interest  in another pizza video.

 Now I have to say that this is my signature pizza and everyone’s  favorite here  around me.  I just love to make this one with a stone-ground flour because it gives a really nice texture and taste.  Also by lowering the amount of yeast I get it to the firmness  I want.

I did not use any tomato sauce because I wanted  it to  have a more of a crisp clean taste of the arugula with  the full flavor of the prosciutto coming through with a hit of saltiness. Now if you want to use a tomato sauce then you can  boil  say about two tomatoes and then smash them and then strain them  into a bowl. Add salt, dash of sugar, pepper  and a drop of virgin olive oil and there you go, tomato sauce…

I know this will be your best pizza that your family and friends will enjoy.

  

*************************************************************************************************************

Recipe....

2 Cups - 50/50 whole grain stone-ground flour.

1 Tsp. - Active yeast
3 to 3 Tbsp. - Olive oil (parts)
1/4 Cup - Beer
1 Tsp. - Sugar
1/2 Tsp. - Salt

Water as needed.

Topping;
-  Procottio
-  Arugula
-  Parmesan cheese

Options;
- Tomato sauce
- Sweet Peppers
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Onions

Alternative;
- Wholewheat or white flour.
- 2 1/2  Tsp. - Active yeast for more rise.



*************************************************************************************************************





I added  only 1 Tsp. of Yeast to the dough because I want a more firm pizza and this way there is less then a rise. Now if you like a more airy  dough then add up to 2 1/2 tsps of yeast and let it rise all the way. 










A good grade olive oil can make the different's between a  awesome taste or just a regular "it's ok" taste. Sprinkle it on the spread out dough but try not to over do it and have the whole thing covered.   










The saltiness of the  Procottio goes just great with the subtle  taste of olive oil. Add different  herbs to the pizza and see how you can enjoy it more.











Make sure that you let the pizza cool off for about  5 mins just enough in order not to dry out the procottio and  not to cook or over heat the arugula.











Make sure that after it cools down that you get it to the table right after you add your toppings, because of those hungry Friends and Family. They will not be able to wait with the aroma of this pizza..





lol !!  Well this was the only thing left of the two pizzas after my Girlfriend and I got a hold of them.. Trust me, Make more for you will need it.
*************************************************************************************************************


Pizza  Procottio With  Arugula
Video



Please share with your Family and Friends below; 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...