Sunday, July 25, 2021

Skinny Tuna, Rice With Veggies Salad Recipe

 




Skinny Tuna, Rice With Veggies Salad Recipe

This has to be one of my most favorite recipes for lunch at my office.  It heats up really fast in the microwave and in seconds I have the perfect meal.  I have to say that I do not like to buy lunch for I tend to go to the fattier foods and that causes a problem for me.  So I would rather make my meal myself.


Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has various healthful properties, including antimicrobial and antioxidant effects. What's more, evidence suggests it may offer health benefits, such as aiding weight loss, reducing cholesterol, lowering blood sugar levels.

Bell peppers
Bell peppers are rich in many vitamins and antioxidants, especially vitamin C and various carotenoids.


Serving - one cup, approximately  235 calories.

Ingredients 

2 cups            -  White or brown rice, cooled 
1 can             -  Tuna, chucky, partially drained
1/2 pkg.        -  Any mixed frozen veggies, cooked 
1/4 cup         -  Olives, green or black, sliced 
1/4 cup         -  Bell red pepper, chopped 
1/4 cup         -  Green onions    
2 tbsp.          -  Capers, drained 


Sauce 

1 tbsp.           -  Oil or water from tuna 
1 tbsp.           -  Apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp.           -  Olive oil  
1/2 sm.          -  Juice of a lemon 

Salt and pepper to taste


For more information, please see the video below;


Skinny Tuna, Rice With Veggies Salad Recipe
Video



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...