Friday, February 19, 2016

Pork Sandwich Recipe - Portuguese Bifanas


Pork Sandwich Recipe  - Portuguese Bifanas


I remember when I was little,  my father took me to a game or some street festival when I was in Portugal and of course, I was always  hungry, for I knew what I wanted to eat. I always around looked for the Portuguese style bifanas stand. I could always find it, for I just had to follow the aroma of garlic, butter, and simmering pork. I just loved to gobble down one or two, Also, it was funny just watching my father eat and talk at the same time when it was about the game. 

Making this dish really brings back so many memories of long ago, mind you, my Mother did make them for me and they were just as good as the Food Stands. This is not just a regular  Pork sandwich, it is part of my life of good times and awesome memories with Family and Friends as I was growing up. 

Now here it is for all to make and enjoy. Please let us know how did yours turn out, did you add anything to yours. 




*************************************************************************************************************


Recipe; 

1 lb. or so - Pork loin

2 - Bay leaves
2  - Cloves garlic
1/4 Cup - Unsalted butter
1/2 Cup - Wine or beer
1/2 Tsp. -  Sweet paprika
1  Tbsp. - Olive oil  

Hot sauce - As to taste.

Salt and pepper to taste.


For more information, please see the video below.


*************************************************************************************************************



In keeping with tradition, I was using Pork Loin, but you can use Pork tenderloin if you want. Now the Portuguese sate this in pork fat and that gives it a full flavor to the meat, but you can use regular cooking oil if you want. If you can not find the pork fat in the market, then I would recommend you to first fry some bacon and use the oil. 



Let the pork marinate go for at least one hour in your fridge, but overnight would be better. It is important to drain the liquid away from the pork in order for it to fry better. Also, do this about half an hour before you cook it because the meat will reach room temperature. 







Here at this point, you can add extra wine or beer to the liquid of the marinade if you want it more on the liquid side and if you want a dipping sauce. 





Now go ahead and add some other goodies to your sandwich. How about mushroom with onions, roasted peppers, cheese, or have it your way. As for me, I like it the traditional way, just pork, sauce, and bun. 




              Now go ahead and enjoy it. 








*************************************************************************************************************



Pork Sandwich Recipe  - Portuguese Bifanas
Video 




If You Like This Video, Then You Will Love These, 
By  Cookingaround. 


Old Fashion Hamburger 
Video



Double Decker Clubhouse Sandwich
Video



Meatball Sandwich
Video


Please share with your Family and Friends, below; 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...