Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Asian Lemon Chicken Recipe



Asian Lemon Chicken Recipe


This recipe is one of my favorites and I make it very often. There are different versions to this one, instead of adding lemon, I add orange to it. Either way, it is simple, fast, and great tasting.  No matter how many times I make it, everyone always wants more, so make sure to make some extra. 

Let me know how yours turned out or/and did you do anything different to it. 


***************************************************************************************************************


Recipe;

1 1/2 Lbs. - Skinless chicken breast
2 Cups - All-purpose flour
1/2 Tsp. - Pepper
1 Tsp. - Salt
1 - Egg

Sauce 
1/2 Cup - Lemon juice
1/2 Cup - Brown sugar
1/3 Cup - Vinegar
2 Tsp. - Soya sauce (option)
1/2 Tsp. - Hot pepper flakes
2 Tbsp. - Corn starch
1 Tsp. - Ground ginger
Water as needed

Toppings
Chopped green onions
Toasted sesame seeds


For more information, please see the video below; 




***************************************************************************************************************



Here on the video, I have cubed the chicken breasts, but you can really cut them up any way you like. 

It will also be good, just to leave the breast in one piece and pour the sauce on top. Just be careful that you cook the chicken right through to the center because it will be very thick. Lower your heat for this method.



I let the chicken marinate for about  10 to 15 minutes before I cook it.

Now a couple of hours would be better, it depends on your time factor.






I only add salt in the flour because I do not want to over salt it, it holds better in the flour coating and it improves the taste better. It is not necessary to use too much salt, for the sauce has an intense flavour.

Remember to not overcrowd the chicken pieces because it will stick together and that would not be good.


Fry them on medium-high heat until they are golden brown on the outside and moist and tender on the outside. Please do not overcook them, for then they will be hard and chewy. 

If you are not sure, then just cut a piece and take a peek inside and check it. 

Now instead of adding lemon juice, try it with orange juice, different tastes of Asia, but the same awesome dish. 

To add soya sauce or not, well just because it is Asian does not mean that you have to use it. As for myself, I like it, but there is many who do not like my Girlfriend. So that really depends on your preferences to the Asian taste. 



Add whatever toppings that you like from my green onions to toasted sesame seeds. 


An awesome dish and one of my favorites. Hope you like it. 








***************************************************************************************************************




Asian Lemon Chicken Recipe
Video






If You Like This Video Than You Will Love These. 
By Cookingaround.


Garlic   Ginger Chicken
Video




Honey Sriracha Chicken
Video




Chicken Stir Fry
Video



Please share with your Family and friends, below; 


4 comments:

  1. How long do I stay off the diet before I get back on to lose 10 to 16 pounds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That depends on what changes you made to your eating and exercise.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...