Monday, March 2, 2015

Greek Wedding Soup, A Classic



Greek Wedding Soup, A  Classic.

A few months ago, I was invited to my Friend's Wedding and it was my first experience at a Greek Wedding. Now talk about food, it never stopped and it kept coming, one after another, dish after dish. How I wish I had more room to hold more. Well, I did not know that I was going to burn off all that food when the music started, wow, talk about "These People Can Dance", loved every minute of it. 

Now it all started with the first bowl of soup, a bowl full of aroma and some nice pieces of meat and lamb meatballs all sucking up that awesome soup mix. In just one bite, I just had to go into the kitchen and make some notes to repeat this awesome recipe. So here it is just like the one I had, try it and you will see how good it is. The flavor of the combined meats just comes through with a delicate taste that is out of this world. 

One of my readers made a comment that this Greek Soup is also called "giouvarlakia" or "giouvarlakia soup" and this dish is usually also made with rice instead of pasta. So a BIG!  thanks to Billmg81 on Youtube for the information. 

Please let me now how yours turned out and if you did anything different to it.. 




************************************************************************************************************


Recipe:

1/2 Pound - Medium ground meat
1/2 Pound - Ground  Lamb meat

1/3 Cup - Breadcrumbs
1/4 Cup - Feta cheese
1 Tbsp. - Dried parsley (option)
2 Cloves - Minced garlic
2 Tbsp. - Olive oil
1 - Egg

8 Cups - Chicken stock
1 Cup - Orzo pasta
1/3 Cup - Fresh parsley
1 Tbsp. - Oregano
1/4 Cup - Green onions
1 Tbsp. - Lemon rind
2 Tbsp. - Leamon juice

Salt and pepper to taste.

Topping;
Fresh mint


For More Information, Please See The Video below. 



************************************************************************************************************


In this recipe,  I am using half and half of ground beef and lamb. Now if you are not fond of lamb, then you can use just all beef. Now I did buy the meat whole and minced it myself to get it just perfect. 

Any combination that you use with this recipe will always turn out awesome. So go ahead and add whatever makes you happy. 



This Feta cheese just grabs all the flavors together and blends in just right. Do not worry that you will have some of the cheese larger or smaller, it all goes well with any amount. 

Try it with other cheese if you like and let me know how it turned out for you. 






By not browning the meat mixture first, it lets the soup penetrate into the meatballs, and in this way it gives it an awesome taste that you will never forget. 







This is the point that you can add really any herbs that you would like. After all, it is your soup and you should make it your way. 

The varieties are endless for this recipe. 







Now go ahead and add the meatballs to the bowl,  one, two or three, I bet you will ask for more, there is never enough. 

As for me at the wedding, I did ask for a second plate for I could not resist. Go and try to have just three, I bet you will ask for more. 






************************************************************************************************************



Greek Wedding Soup, A  Classic
Video




 If You Like This Video, Then You Will Love These Below.  
By Cookingaround 



Portuguese  Style Fish Soup 
Video



Beet Diet Soup
Video 



Corn Soup (Chowder)
Video




Please share with your Family and friends, below; 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...