Thursday, July 17, 2014

Korean Style Chicken Wings - Dakgangjung



Korean Style Chicken Wings - Dakgangjung

Aww the famous Korean chicken wings with that awesome sweet candy like sauce with a great taste of sesame seeds and roasted peanut. I have to say that this Korean dish is one of my favorites and I hope that you try it and see what I mean.

Now please do not say that you cannot have a some of these great wings, for if you read my article on “Can I Eat Fattening Food Or Fast Foods In Order To Lose Weight? “ , so go ahead and enjoy it. I have to say that I have lost the weight and have been eating and enjoying my wings now for over a year and I still have managed to keep it under control.

Please let me know how yours turned out and how you enjoyed it and did you make enough or you ran out after a kilo.



**************************************************************************************************************

Recipe; 

1 Kilo of Chicken Wings

1/3 Cup - All purpose flour
1 Tbsp. - Corn starch
1 Tsp. - Pepper
1 Tsp. Salt
1 - Egg

Sauce; 
1 Cup - Water
1 Tbsp. - Soya sauce
1/3 Cup - Brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. - Ground ginger
1 Tbsp. - Sweet molasses
1/2 Tbsp. - Chili powder
1/2 Tbsp. - Sweet paprika

Toppings;

2 Tbsp. - Toasted sesame seeds
1/2 Cup - Toasted peanuts

For more information, please see video below;


**************************************************************************************************************


Wash the wings in cold water and I like to do this when the wing in one  piece  and not cut up for there will be less water getting into it and it will not splatter with it's deep fried. 

I always have kitchen towels for this job for it makes my life easier and  faster.  After drying it with the towel I roll it around the wings and let it sit for a few minutes to pickup the extra water that's trapped. 






Make sure that you mix it well and if you want a better taste then I would let in sit and marinade in the fridge for about an hour or longer.

This can be prepared right up to your party and as long as it's in the fridge it can stay for about 24 hrs.







Here I'am using a very thick molasses and this will give the sauce a nice all round thick sweet flavor to this dish.

Now you can substitute this with corn syrup or even honey if you want, anyway you do it, it will turn out just awesome.



After about 30 to 35 mins on med. heat the sauce should thicken up to a point that it will stick to the back of your spoon and you know that you are done.

As it is simmering during the cooking process you have to keep an eye on it en-case it burns and with a sauce thick, that can happen very quickly. So you also must keep stirring it now and then. Remember that the sauce will thicken up even more when it begins to cool.



Do not overcrowd the pot because if you do you will find that the wings will be stick together and they will  not have that smooth appearance and will look like it broke up in the oil. 

It's better to do a little at a time or get a bigger pot and they will turn out great and will not only look great but will have that extra crunch that makes them all disappear fast so make extra. .





Heat up the sauce once again on high before you add the wings to it. Once you add then then turn off the heat and mix them well to get the sauce all around the wings,









Opps !!!  Now how did that get here, sorry as I took the pictures I just could not help myself. Boy were they good....
**************************************************************************************************************  


Korean Style Chicken Wings - Dakgangjung
Video 

Please share with your Friends and Family Below; 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...